The Department of Art, Culture and Innovation promotes the cultural and artistic activity in San Juan, Puerto Rico, with continuous communication and active participation of the residents and visitors to our Ciudad • Patria.
One of the many services offered by the Department is the Fine Arts Workshop, located in the building within the Art, Culture and Innovation Department. Classes offered are pencil drawing, theater and Spanish dance for children and youngsters from 9 to 14 years. In addition we offer violin, piano, guitar and percussion classes. Enrolment must be coordinated in advance.
Cultural Programming – FREE EVENTS
- Adoquín Jamming Nights – Every Friday form 7:00 p.m.– Musical and cultural nights in the streets, alleys and squares of Old San Juan. .
- Sábados Hasta la Tambora (Bass drum Saturdays) – Every third Saturday of the month at 7:00p.m. – Barceló Square and Barrio Obrero, in Santurce, swing to the merengue and bachata rhythms. This initiative seeks to give visibility and fraternize with our Dominican community in San Juan.
- No Te Quedes Sin Bailar (Don´t miss dancing) – Every second Saturday of the month from 7:00 to 10:00 p.– Salsa nights in the Ciudad Patria are held in Plaza de Colón, one San Juan´s plazas filled with salsa flavor.
- La Ciudad de los Niños (Children’s City) -Fourth Sunday of each month from 4:00 to 5:30 p.m. – Recreational and educational activities for the family in Old San Juan. Theater, dance and free workshops for children.
- La Retreta (Musical Retreat) – The first Sunday of the month at 5:30p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Thematic concerts in San José Plaza in charge of the Puerto Rico Concert Band, directed by Master Cucco Peña.
- Condado en Concierto (Condado in Concert) – Every third Sunday of each month from 6:00 pm to 8:00 p.m. – Enjoy a concert of classical music in the open space at Plaza Estella Maris in Condado.
Museums and Theaters